'my Games' Only Displays Black And Gray Boxes Instead Of Icons
Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:35 PM
If you are one of our customers who have been having this issue, we are currently trying to get additional information so that our engineers can solve this problem.
We will need to see some screen shots of some folders on your computer. This process can be a bit involved and complicated so if you do have any questions, please post in this thread and we will do our best to help you out.
All of these instructions are for Windows 7
The first step is getting your computer to show hidden files using these directions.
1) From your start menu select "Computer"
2) Select the "Organize" tab in the top left
3) Click on "Folder and search options"
4) Select the "View" tab
5) In the "Advanced settings:" section, select the option to "Show hidden files, folders, or drivers"
Now that the hidden files are visible, you will want to go to the following file path in your computer:
If everything is as it should be there will be two files labeled "settings" and "Update". If there are any additional folders, we will need you to take a screen shot of what you see. The instructions on how to take a screen shot and send it to us are in the next post of this thread.
Next we would like to see what you get when you follow this file path:
(The "XXXX" is your personal profile on your computer. For instance, if your username on your computer is JDoe, then the XXXX would be replaced with JDoe)
If everything is as it should be there will be 6 items here one of which should be labeled "My Games" If your screen does not have these 6 items, then we will need you to take a screen shot and send it to us.
With this information, our engineers will be able to look into this issue further so that we can provide some solutions to you.
Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:44 PM
A screen shot is the best way to let us know exactly what you are seeing so that we can come up with solutions. There are a few steps to do this and if you have any questions or problems, please let us know.
Once again, these instructions are for Windows 7 users
1) Make sure that the application, game or window is visible on your desktop that you want to take a screen shot of.
2) Hold the ALT button and press PRTSCN (PrtScn can be found in the upper right hand corner of your keyboard) button on your keyboard. Nothing will appear to happen, but the screen capture has been saved in memory.
3) Open the Paint program. You can start it by: START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT.
4) Once Paint is open, there are two options to paste the screen capture into it. They are:
A.) Hold CTRL and press V.
B.) On the Menu Bar click EDIT and then PASTE.
5) You will see an exact duplicate of the application, game or window appear in Paint.
6) Now, hit FILE and then SAVE AS…
7) A new dialog box will pop up. There are several things we need to do here.
A.) RENAME THE FILE: Name it something that you’ll remember.
B.) CHANGING THE FILE FORMAT: The file type will default to 24-bit Bitmap. Choose JPEG from the drop down list.
C.) SAVE LOCATION: On the left, click DESKTOP.
8) After the three steps above are done, click SAVE.
Now the image is saved. The next step is to create a customer support ticket (if you don't already have one) and attach the image to it.
Faded Glory has made an excellent visual tutorial on how to make a Support Ticket which you can find here.
You will want to make sure that you have attached the images, which you can do by following these instructions:
1) Make sure that you have the Support Ticket you just created open
2) Browse for the document(s) you want to attach, click on it or them and then choose the option to "Open"
3) The document will show up under the grey box, and will have a blue "Remove" option next to it.
4) Choose if you would like a response or not.
5) Once the document shows up, click on the dark blue "Submit" button
We would like to thank you for helping us troubleshoot this problem. If you do have this issue, and are unable to follow these instructions or you run into any problems, please post your issue here and we will help you. With your feedback, we hope to have this problem solved soon.
Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:55 AM
Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, but this is very annoying. I can't possibly remember all of these games by just looking at the name and I get really tired of having to go in and out of games to find the ones I want.
Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:00 AM
We are still working on a solution, but it is slow going.
Please be aware that you can click the name of the game (as opposed to clicking on the icon) on the 'My Games' page to be taken to the game page, instead of launching the game. This will allow you to see what the game is before launching it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users